Jamie L. Rockwin, PT, DPT, Pn1, Applied Movement Neurology Specialist
Awards and Accomplishments
- 1993 awarded case study award from the Long Island Chief Physical Therapist's Forum for her case study of cold laser therapy
- 2008 Trailblazer of the New Millenium
- 2017 The Woman of Distinction of the Year
- 2008 Merrick's Professional of the Year
- 2018 Merrick's Woman of the Year
- 1986-1990 SUNY at Stony Brook 1990-1993 Touro College MS, PT (Magna Cum Laude)
- 2009-2010 Rocky Mountain University t-DPT
- Orthopedic Excellence of the Spine
- Precision Nutrition 1 Applied Movement Neurology
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Community and Teaching Services Clinical Instructor for Calhoun, Mepham, and Kennedy High Schools for Senior Experience
- Adjunct Professor Hofstra University Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Fundraiser at The Annual Merrick Fall Fest for charities including but not limited to the Long Island Crisis Center, American Cancer Society.
- The Alzheimers Foundation, The Feal Good Foundation, Safe Haven, Multiple Sclerosis Foundation, and Sensory Beans (for special needs children)
President, Director and Lead Physical Therapist of THERAPEUTIC SOLUTIONS PHYSICAL THERAPY established in May of 2002 and expanded her company three times since its inception. Dr. Rockwin provides current evidence-based physical therapy with passion and "magic." She has a special place in her heart for the community as she lives here and knows the needs and wants of its residents.
Dr. Rockwin is intricately networked and well-established in the community and is referred to by many Doctors, particularly for the needs of complicated cases. President and Director of The Annex Wellness and Fitness Center March 2011. Dr. Rockwin established this company to help her patients achieve full optimal health. The Wellness Center encompasses Massage Therapy for relaxation and medical Nutrition, and massage, personal training by Exercise Specialists who have college degrees in Exercise Science, Nutrition and Applied Movement Neurology.
The Annex is a medical gym that people with injuries can join to achieve optimal health and decrease the likelihood of injuring themselves.
Motto: "No pain, NO PAIN! We know how NOT to hurt you or your pocketbook!"
Dr. Rockwin feels that treatment should be holistic and not just focused on one body part. Humans are bioelectric complex organisms and are to be treated as such. Dr. Rockwin and her team provide physical therapy at a higher level to the community of North Merrick and its surrounding towns.
We only staff our clinic with providers with a minimum of 4-year college degrees in a science-based program. Our clinical staff is well-educated, experienced mostly over 20 years, and participates as a team in our community services annually.
- Orthopedics: general and post surgical
- Neurological Conditions: Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis Applied Movement Neurology for quick and effective healing CST "magic"
Professional Associations / Memberships
- American Physical Therapy Association - Private Practice Section and New York State Chapter
The Annex Programs
Our programs are developed for individuals with pre-existing injuries and for those who wish to have or require supervised exercises. Clients who want to reshape and rebuild themselves without injury will receive a free consult so that a tailor made program can be formulated.
- Wellness Program: This program was developed for patients whose insurance companies have cut their services off and still need to exercise in a supervised environment without the cost of a personal trainer. The client's exercises are progressed by a physical therapist as tolerated to further enhance their rehabilitation and continual health. This program all satisfies the need of clients who wish to use the facilities in a safe, friendly, and comfortable environment.
- Fitness Program: This program is for individuals who want to train one on one with a personal trainer for ½ hour sessions. Various packages are available: 12, 24, 36, or 48 sessions. Special incentives are given for each package.
- Well-Fit Program: This program combines aerobic and strength training for optimum results. Clients will work out 2½ hour strength training sessions with our personal trainer and 3 times a week for cardiovascular training exercises. Clients who choose this package receive a special discount for the wellness part of this package.
- Modern Quantum, Life-fitness, Sci-fit and Landice exercise equipment
Hours are by appointment only. Monday through Sunday:
morning through evening. Immediate appointments available.